The majority of people would benefit from a little more relaxation in their lives. So if you have a friend who’s feeling stressed out or has a lot on their plate right now, here are some gift ideas to help them take some well-deserved time for themselves.
Arts and crafts gifts
Engaging in some arty activities can actually be a real boost for your wellbeing. It helps to develop creativity, reduce feelings of stress and anxiety, tackle depression, and improve mood. So if your friend is an artistic type or interested in giving it a go, a creative gift could be perfect. You can find kits for all sorts of fun crafts, including:
- Candle making
- Jewelry making
Be sure to choose an appropriate level of difficulty, so it’s not too simplistic that your friend is bored but not so challenging that they give up and feel disheartened.
Soothing spa vibes
Spa days are a classic choice for relaxation and with good reason. Treating your friend to a massage, manicure, and pedicure, or a more specialist treatment at a medical spa such as Dermani Medspa is a great way to ensure that they take some time out just for themselves. If possible, choose a place you know they can get to easily so that your gift doesn’t become a chore. Alternatively, you could give them the tools to create their own spa day at home, such as:
- A bath bomb or luxurious bubble bath
- A fancy body scrub, moisturizer, or similar product
- A DIY manicure kit
- Scented candles in calming fragrances
- Some posh new makeup
- A fluffy bathrobe or slippers
For a truly thoughtful gesture, offer to watch the kids while your friend enjoys some pampering!
One factor that has been shown to help people relax and also boost their wellbeing more generally is to engage in mindful activities. If this is the sort of thing you think your friend might be interested in, there are lots of gifts to get them started. For example:
- A beautiful notebook for them to start a gratitude journal in
- An adult coloring book and a matching set of pencils
- A subscription to a meditation app (such as Calm or Headspace)
- Houseplants to boost their creativity and mood
These can be fantastic for those who struggle with anxiety and depression, live stressful lives, or simply want to develop their spiritual side a little more.
Nothing says indulgence like a foodie gift! There are plenty of options out there to choose between, so you’re sure to find something that suits your friend’s tastes and dietary requirements. For instance:
- A set of luxurious hot chocolates and a big mug to drink them from
- A bottle of bubbly if they have something to celebrate
- Mini bottles of their favorite spirit
- A selection of loose leaf teas for lazy weekends
- A big box of gourmet truffles
- A cheese hamper
For those who prefer to get out and about, why not treat them to a restaurant gift voucher or cooking class where they can learn to make their favorite cuisine? Other activities such as wine tasting and cocktail making are also great fun.