In the past and now, professionals and entrepreneurs share their contacts with printed business cards. However, as digital technology has evolved and almost everyone shows their presence online, it makes sense to have a digital business card just as well. Here’s why you should have a digital business card.
1. Business cards give people the chance to follow up
When you meet someone and develop the intimacy of that moment, you want to allow you to follow up instantly without reaching out to your pen or phone. If you have no other choice, don’t hesitate to give your mobile phone to someone and ask them to fill in their contact details (or vice versa). You can also exchange contacts using a mobile app. These options are available to many people, but there are always examples where you meet someone who may not have all of these technical things or is not comfortable using them. For this reason, there is still no substitute for business cards, and you can encourage people to follow up on you.
2. Business cards indicate that you are a professional
Small things are a big message. Something as simple as a business card demonstrates that you have written your information on the card over time. This is immediately separate from students and the other 99% of men who are looking for work.
3. By holding business cards, you can focus on your goals
Attending several networking events while looking for a job is not uncommon. If you decide to participate with a certain number of business cards, you can achieve your goals immediately. Business cards can act as reminders and focus on the goal of which is to follow up with individuals by possible opportunities.
4. Business cards will help you to be easy to introduce
A good business card is not just a name and contact information listed. It should state what skills the person has. The first person to give you a business card may not know how to use you and your skills, but they may know someone on the network who needs someone like you, so with this additional information, you make all the difference.
5. Faster than digital transfer Many smartphone apps can transfer contact information wirelessly, but the quickest and easiest way to exchange data is still paper business cards. You can distribute multiple business cards in seconds rather than entering data at networking. In a workplace where speed is required, nothing beats the speed of handing business cards.